Yes! Now you can buy a GNSS GPS for under 1000 US Dollars. Emlid has created “Reach RS” GPS for the cheapest price. So that ever-ready surveying, mapping and data collection can be done with centimeter accuracy. There is no need of a controller, just download the ReachView app in you smartphone and configure the Rover base Connection.
The main features are
- GNSS -GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS and SBAS
- Long range radio- LoRa 868/915 MHz for reliable correction on distances up to 8 km
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth- To connect to your device
- 2 GB storage- For logs and solution tracks
- 30 hours battery – LiFePo4 battery, USB charging, external 5-40V input
- Dual-feed antenna- With tight phase center variation
The device comes with IP67 water and dust proof and weighs only 690 grammes. The receiver is just 145 millimeters wide with rugged poly carbonate enclosure which makes it to float in water, making it one of the smallest and lightest RTK units available. It can work in base and rover modes simultaneously.
The user reviews suggest it has given 7 mm horizontal and 13 mm vertical accuracy. For solid performance in kinematic mode it is recommended separation distance (baseline) up to 10km, in static mode up to 20km. Baseline could be increased even further depending on local conditions. Reach RS is compatible with existing RTK receivers from major brands as well as with reference networks worldwide.
The ‘ReachView’ mobile app is available to download in Android and iOS.By using app,
you can easily access receivers for data collection. The simple app has become the default way we interact with both Reach and Reach RS. To use it you just need to update your Reach to the latest v2.8.0.
More infromation on https://emlid.com/reachrs/